Non-Executive Director/ Trustee (Voluntary)
Social adVentures is always on the look out for non-executive Directors to join our Board.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the development of this innovative social enterprise whose aim is to have an impact on the health and wellbeing of the communities we work within.
Here you will help us to grow while gaining valuable boardroom experience and an insight into the workings of a successful and diverse health and wellbeing organisation.
A bit about you….
- You will have an interest in people, communities and around what impact organisations can have in localities.
- You will have experience of decision making, being organised, and contributing at meetings.
- You may be a frontline worker in the healthcare sector who is interested in learning the impact the third sector can have.
- You may have a particular interest in Salford (not essential).
- You may already work in the health and/or wellbeing sector (not essential).
- You may have experience of a high level role in childcare (not essential).
- You may be an ambitious business person looking for experience to further your career.
A bit about us…
- Social adVentures is a successful multiple service provider delivering provisions with the aim to inspire people to live healthier and happier lives.
- We run a healthy living centre, a community garden, 3 nurseries, a community gym and, a forest school
- We deliver a mixture of public sector contracts and private social businesses.
- We are a not for profit organisation, all surplus made goes into providing innovative new services for our communities
This is a voluntary role.
We meet 10 times per year for around 2 hours on a Friday afternoon.
You will be expected to read papers before the meeting and to voice any queries, questions and comments at the meeting.
The Non-Executive roles are an essential part of running our social enterprise and we value the outside input that these roles bring to our board.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what impact you feel you could make – email@example.com